Even before the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions made it necessary for realtors to become masters of how to make your home stand out online, Foxen Realty were experts at using online methods to attract buyers and get you the best offers.
Here are a few things we’ve learned and that you should consider …
Set the Stage
First, your home has to look attractive to buyers. Both the interior and exterior.
You want the viewer to be able to see themselves making your home theirs. Online, this means your home’s interior needs to photograph well.
- Embrace minimalism. Rooms look larger and more spacious with fewer things in them.
- Remove personal items like family photos and mementos.
- Make sure the furniture placement is optimal for photos.
- Clean! Make sure everything is clean and sparkling, especially light fixtures, windows and mirrors, and kitchen counters and appliances.
- Replace lightbulbs with a higher wattage to make your rooms brighter.
Curb appeal is important to make your home stand out online. But don’t forget the backyard, too.
- Make sure windows and light fixtures are clean and sparkling.
- Remove any cobwebs.
- Make your front door welcoming by hanging a wreath and putting out a new welcome mat.
- Trim trees and shrubs.
- Make sure any flower beds are weed-free and well-maintained.
- Get your lawn in great shape so it’s lush and green.
- Put kids’ and pets’ yard toys away.
Once you’ve set the stage, it’s time to take photos that will make your home stand out online. Great real estate photography is all about getting the lighting and the angles just right.
You’ll want multiple photos to show buyers both the interior and exterior of your home. The more the better.
Hiring a professional photographer who specializes in real estate photography is worth considering to make sure you’ll get photos that will look great online.
Keywords for Search Engine Optimization
All the staging and great photos won’t matter if buyers can’t even find your home online in the first place. So optimizing your listing to be found in the search engines is a critical piece of how to make your home stand out online.
Using the right keywords in the right places is both an art and a science. And it’s an entire marketing discipline unto itself.
As a seller, you don’t need to learn real estate search engine optimization. You just need to work with a realtor you can trust who has that knowledge and a support team to implement this important piece of the online marketing of your home.
You can trust Foxen Realty to get your home found online.
Send us a message or call us at 559-490-0207 today to learn more about how we can help and to get started.