Buying a home is a major investment, and one that most people don’t do often, so it can be helpful to have a checklist to keep you on track of “what questions should I ask my realtor before making an offer?”
You want to have as much clarity and peace of mind as possible before you make that important offer.
That’s why we’ve come up with the following list of 21 questions that you should consider asking.
21 Questions to Ask Your Realtor Before Making an Offer
- How long has the property been on the market?
- What are other similar properties selling for in the neighborhood?
- What was the purchase price the last time the property was sold?
- What are my total costs beyond just the price of the property itself?
- How much are property taxes on this property?
- What do the municipal or public utilities (water, sewer, and garbage) cost for this property?
- Have there been problems or insurance claims associated with the house?
- Has the home been remodeled, and if so, was it DIY or done by a professional?
- What’s included in the home?
- What kind of maintenance costs should I plan for?
- How old is the roof?
- How old is the HVAC system?
- How old are the appliances, including the water heater?
- What contingencies should I include … or not include?
- What will a home warranty cost and what will it cover?
- What is crime like in this neighborhood?
- What’s your opinion on the resale value of this property?
- Would you buy this property?
- What do I do after making the offer?
- Can I change my mind after making an offer?
- What have I not thought to ask?
This is not a comprehensive list, and if you think of a question not on this list, you definitely should ask it anyway! You should feel comfortable to ask as many questions as you need to in order to feel confident in moving forward with an offer.
Looking to Buy a Home in Fresno?
If you’re looking to buy a home in Fresno or the surrounding area, the Foxen Realty team is here to help!
Send us a message or call us at 559-490-0207 today to start the conversation.