How to find a realtor when you’re buying or selling a home. It’s no easy task. You need someone you can trust.
Someone who will walk alongside you every step of the way.
And with so many realtors available, it can be difficult to choose the right one. However, you can trust experts like BankRate.com. We’ve adapted their list of 6 tips on how to find a real estate agent.
6 Tips: How to Find a Realtor
- Talk to a lender, before you hire a realtor.
- Get referrals from your network.
- Research potential realtors.
- Interview at least three realtors.
- Both request references and also check them.
- Go with your gut.
1. Talk to a lender, before you hire a realtor.
Lenders let you know how much you can afford. So you can shop in your price range. And avoid any unnecessary letdowns. If you get pre-approved, then you’ll have what you need when you’re ready to make an offer.
2. Get referrals from your network. And ask others how to find a realtor.
No one knows the best realtors better than your friends and family. Typically, they’ll be honest about previous positive and negative experiences. So you might be able to avoid wasted time.
3. Research potential realtors and their tips on how to find a realtor.
Even if they come recommended by friends and family, it’s imperative you do your own research. Start by checking out the realtor’s website. And their extended online presence. For example, social media and articles in which they may be featured. Read reviews. And check with your local Better Business Bureau.
4. Interview at least three realtors.
Even if they come recommended and the research checks out, you need to interview your top candidates.
5. Both request references and also check them.
If a realtor does not provide references, then you need to go ahead and cross them off your list.
6. When looking for a realtor, don’t discount your gut feeling.
In following the tips above, you’ll most likely get a gut feeling during the process. Go with it.